Saturday, February 26, 2011

Frictional Blog 5 [The Job Edition]

BAAAMM!!


What is up you guys? I am back to talk about something that most people of my age has been searching, finding, doing and even quitting from.. A job.. Haha.. I'll try to make this post very short.. I don't wanna take plenty of your time.. A couple of minutes are just necessary.. So here we go..

So I have just finished my secondary level education last year (well, a couple of months ago to be exact).. So I'm currently waiting for my final exam's results.. You know, that month-long test known as the SPM.. Well, if you're a citizen of Malaysia then you definitely know what I'm talking about.. This period between the exam and the results are reckoned to be filled with interesting activities.. And by "interesting activities", I mean working your butt to get some experience and, of course, money.. Woo woo woo, you know it.. But hey, I was the one who has said to them that I ain't getting a work.. No way am I going to work in this not-so-short-yet-it's-not-long period.. But look who's getting called up to work.. Yes, it's me.. It's me.. Haha.. How did this happen??

Some time early January, my S.O got online on Facebook and chatted with me.. Oh, great times.. Hey, each and every moment involving her is a great time.. She told me that her mother had sent her to work at this fast food restaurant.. And I was like "Really?? Cool!! I'll be applying there right away!!".. Yes, I said that.. Several days later (can't remember, maybe the very following day), I went there and asked for a job application form.. She was there! Oh, the very face I always want to see everyday, smiling back at me as soon as I entered that place (with a huge smile, of course).. Anyway, back to the form.. I never filled it.. I never did.. I didn't think that I should be applying for the job.. It's cool though.. I could visit her there anytime I want.. At least I thought I could.. And I never did.. Then I think of something drastic.. Next month..

"I've made up my mind.. I'm going there, apply for a job and come back home!" said yours truly.. And I did.. Went to a photo shop (not that photo-editing crap, but a photographic shop) but it was closed.. So I went to the fast food place to, again, ask for the form.. She's not there.. But I noticed that the cash register has her name on it.. Haha.. Awesome.. I went to my big bro's office and filled the form, and we went back home.. The next day, there I was, standing or sitting (can't remember), talking to this guy over there (he's awesome, polite, hardworking as hell).. I believe his name is Bally or something.. So says his nametag.. Anyway, gave him the form and a passport-sized picture of yours truly.. And he said he'll call me in 3 or 4 days.. And now I have a job!! But not there.. (???)

Well here's what happened.. A week has passed and I heard no ringing on my phone at all.. That day I planned something quite good (at least I thought it was).. I forced my S.O's best friend to come with me, to hang out with my S.O.. Three of us had a great time.. She seems to be happy to see her best friend visiting her at her workplace.. I went to another restaurant that day to apply for a job.. That place is just a thrown stone away from her workplace.. So I gave it a shot.. And now I'm employed.. Now yesterday, me and my mother went to my S.O's workplace.. She's not there.. Day off, I guess.. We asked that guy (Bally) if there's any vacancy for me.. And he said that he'll definitely call me as soon as possible, as there are some vacancies there.. And now I have no idea where to work at.. My employer said that they'll give me a week of tryout.. So if this job sucks, then I'll definitely be working with my S.O.. Been hoping for that for quite some time..

So that's it.. Until next week.. Make sure you'll be there..

Short note to my S.O: Last night, I read some of the letters you gave me last year.. Miss you..

9.9.2018, faith
never let this go

No comments:

Post a Comment